You will very likely will have seen its turquoise waters even before deciding you were coming to Ibiza on holiday. Platges de Comte –also known as Cala Conta- is without a shadow of a doubt one of the most famous beaches in Ibiza, if not the most. Rent a car and head towards its shore!
Cala Conta beach is on the West coast of Ibiza, about 15 minutes from San Antonio or Sant Josep de sa Talaia. As its name in the local language states, it is not only one beach but several, distributed along multiple folds in the coast. The two main ones are divided by a rocky promontory where Sunset Ashram stands and its terrace has one of the best views on the island. The third one is hidden at the edge of one of the cliffs and is usually frequented by nudists.
You will like Platges de Comte if…
- You are looking for stunning turquoise waters where you can spot small schools of fish.
- You are after an unspoilt beach away from urban areas.
- You don’t mind crowds: it’s true, platges de Comte is so popular that it is extremely crowded even from late spring. Nothing in life is perfect, don’t you agree?
- You like islets: from its shore you will see Ses Bledes islets as well as Conillera and S’Illa des Bosc islands.
- You like hiking: you can go to the nearby Rovira tower by walking along the coast.
6. You are going to treat yourself to a nice meal: on the beach you will find two renowned restaurants that serve rice, fish and seafood. Both are a good option, although S’illa des Bosc has nicer views than Ses Roques (their views are nice too, however!)
7. You don’t want to miss one of the best sunsets on the island.
8. Last but not least, if you are not scared of jellyfish. The layout of platges de Comte makes it prone to the presence of jellyfish which are carried by sea currents.
Are you going to rent a car in Ibiza? Visit our website, see our offers and book your car rental.
Motoluis, car rental company in Ibiza since 1956.