Cala Xarraca beach, located in the North of Ibiza, is ideal for travellers who don’t require too much in order to enjoy a nice day at the beach. You will find it between Portinatx and Benirràs beach and, although it is quite narrow, it is below a seaside cliff that opens up towards one of the island’s most beautiful bays due to its clear waters. If you are in search of Ibiza’s peaceful side, get into your rental car, take a look at your map and head towards the North.
Where is Cala Xarraca?
Cala Xarraca is 30 kilometres away from Sant Antoni de Portmany, 40 kilometres away from Sant Josep de Sa Talaia, 25 kilometres from Ibiza, 19 kilometres from Santa Eulària and 10 kilometres from Sant Miquel. From Sant Joan it’s only 5 kilometres away, along a winding road which goes up and down this hilly area of the island.
Cala Xarraca on Google Maps (https://goo.gl/maps/7qhPsXPP1QrVEQ1a6)
You will like Cala Xarraca if…
– You want to enjoy a quiet day at a family friendly beach.
– You are not interested in hearing beach bar music: there is only a restaurant on the beach at this location.
– You like snorkelling. Cala Xarraca is an excellent beach at which you can put on your goggles, get into the water and forget about the outer world.
– You’d like to explore the North of Ibiza, as Cala Xarraca can easily be included in your routes along Cala Sant Vicent, Portinatx, Sant Joan, Benirràs beach and Sant Miquel.
– You don’t mind a few rocks in the seabed along with other Sandy areas because you are equipped with water shoes.
If you are heading there on a Sunday, make sure you go to the artisan market in Sant Joan, which is a lot more peaceful than the others on the island. There you will find hand made goods, organic fruit and vegetables, home made bread, honey made locally and the island’s famous hierbas ibicencas (Ibizan alcoholic drink made with herbs).
Are you preparing a holiday in Ibiza with your children? If you still do not have a rental car, check our offers and make sure you book your favourite model today. We will provide your rental car at Ibiza’s airport.