On the southeast coast of Ibiza you’ll find Es Cavallet, a beautiful white sandy beach with clear waters that has the honour of being one of the first nudist beaches in Spain. This has marked its character, making it a lot more liberal than any other beach in Ibiza and is one of LGTBI traveller’s favourite meeting points, who get together at the well-known beach bar Chiringay.
If you want to explore more than just the typical routes, rent a car in Ibiza through Moto Luis, take advantage of the best rental conditions and discover this stunning, quiet beach.
What is Es Cavallet like?
Es Cavallet is located at Ses Salines Natural Park, surrounded by salt ponds and dune systems. Its total length is over one kilometre and has a sand and rock seabed as well as three restaurants: Chiringay, El Chiringuito and S’Escollera. As it is located in front of the largest Posidonia oceanica meadow in the world you will often spot stalk remnants of this water plant which some people mistaken for an algae, and this makes it unappealing to many travellers.
You will like Es Cavallet if…
- You want silence or animation to a certain extent. Either way, there will be a spot for you at Es Cavallet. If you want to have people around you, stay in the area of El Chiringuito or Chiringay; if you prefer peace and quiet, choose the middle area.
- You like nude bathing.
- You fancy eating tasty rice with a sea view. At Es Cavallet you can eat great paellas and other rice dishes at S’Escollera.
- You want a LGTBI ambiance in Ibiza. At the south end of the beach, right at the end, you’ll reach the well-known beach bar Chiringay.
- You like walking. From Es Cavallet you can walk to the nearby tower called Torre de Ses Portes, from which you can keep going until you get to Ses Salines If you want to go that far, it will take you about an hour’s walk along the coast.
- You want untamed nature: this means there is plenty of space to spread your towel and you’ll pretty much be on your own, there’s Posidonia oceanica gathered on the shore and it’s common for it to be breezy with winds blowing softly from the east.
Es Cavallet has limited parking space: we recommend you get there early to secure a spot to park your car.
Do you want to find out more about other interesting places on the south coast of Ibiza?
Get into your rental car, follow the route on our post Car route along the south of Ibiza.