One of the most beautiful moments to visit Ibiza is between late January and mid-February, when the island seams to advance the Spring thanks to the almond trees’s blooming. If you are thinking about making a week-end’s break in Winter, don’t give it a second thought. You will find a quite agreeable temperature during the day, much peace and one of the most beautiful natural spectacles of the island.
Although there are numerous almond trees dispersed around the island, it’s next to Santa Agnès where there’s a larger gathering of them. There, in the called Plà de Corona, you will find one of the most beautiful images of the winter in Ibiza. You can tour the valley with a car, approach the neighboring village of Sant Mateu and then go back to Santa Agnès, park your car and stroll around the almond trees fields. There’s a circular route which even passes by the clift Sa Penya Esbarrada, from where you will enjoy wonderful views over the west coast of Ibiza. There’s the rustic restaurant Las Puertas del Cielo (The Heaven´s doors), although maybe you will rather go back to the town to enjoy the well-known Can Cosmi’s omelette with potatoes and vegetables.
An almond trees week end.
Do you fancy visiting Ibiza in these dates? So, take note of these 5 proposals:
- Visit the web site web de Turismo de Sant Antoni and find out the guided night walk that the City Hall organizes every year.
- Stay in the surroundings. We love specially the little rural hote Can Pujolet, open during winter and where Nina looks after her guests lovingly.
- Enjoy good contemporary cuisine from Ibiza in Es Ventall, located in Sant Antoni de Portmany.
- Get to know the most genuine Ibiza following our route around the north of Ibiza.
- And on Saturday, as during the rest of the year, you can go to the hippy market in Las Dalias.
Do you like the plan? If so, get to know our offers, make a reservation with us and get prepared to enjoy your trip to Ibiza.
Moto Luis Rent a Car, car rental in Ibiza since 1956.