If you are one of the 700,000 viewers of the Dutch film directed by Johan Nijenhuis you are sure to like our Loving Ibiza route, which will take you along the main locations where this popular film was shot (and later a series of it too).
To enjoy this experience, just get into your Moto Luis rental car in Ibiza and begin this cinema journey.
What are the Loving Ibiza film sets?
One of the main reasons of Dutch people’s recent love for Ibiza increase is due to this romantic comedy which shows problems that originate when you buy a property in Ibiza and it becomes full of your friends and family. Irrespective of the plot, this film showed the Dutch public some of Ibiza’s most beautiful spots, such as its clear water beaches, its traditional country houses, its sunny weather, its restaurants, its clubs… Would you like to know which ones we are talking about?
The Loving Ibiza route
– Moto Luis: Did you know that the car which features in the film was actually rented by the producers in Moto Luis? For this reason, we have begun the route from our San Antonio main office. Nevertheless, you can also start it from the airport, where you can easily pick-up your car if you pre-booked it online, via e-mail or over the phone.
– Ses Salines beach: this popular Ibizan beach where many footballers and celebrities hang out is the start of this route along this popular film’s scenarios. It is surrounded by pine trees and it has got clear waters which are very safe, so it’s ideal for the whole family.
– La Marina: this old sailor neighbourhood located in the heart of Ibiza city is the backdrop of many of the film’s night scenes. Along its charming alleyways you will find many restaurants and shops. This is a must for all trips to Ibiza!
– Dalt Vila: this is the neighbourhood in Ibiza with the most history, it was declared a UNESCO World Heritage site and it couldn’t be missing in a film about the island. You are sure to love the quiet alleys that lead you up to the cathedral, the old noble palaces on “calle Major” (Major road) and the restaurants which during the months of summer bring the squares of “Dalt Vila”, “Sol” and “Desemparats” to life.
– Es Vedrà: this legendary islet is one of the island’s most photographed enclaves and one of the most looked up locations on the Loving Ibiza route. Learn on this previous post where to find Es Vedrà’s lookout points, how to get to “Es Savinar” tower which appears in the film and why you must visit cala d’Hort beach while in the area.
– Cala Conta: Loving Ibiza also included amongst its locations this series of beaches, one of Ibiza’s unmissable spots due to the stunning colours of the sea and the amazing sunsets you can watch from there. Learn more about Cala Conta (also known as Platges de Compte) by reading our article about this beach located on the west coast of Ibiza.
– Cala Salada and Cala Saladeta: this set of two beaches is another little treasure that sits on the occidental coast of Ibiza. Read this article and find out why Cala Salada is an essential visit during your holiday in Ibiza.
– The nightclubs: The Loving Ibiza route also has its party moments as the main characters make an appearance at Privilege club –the biggest nightclub in the world- and also at Ushuaïa Ibiza Beach Hotel, the hotel in Platja d’en Bossa which transforms its pool area every day into a club from the afternoon until midnight.
– S’Estanyol: This quiet beach on the East of Ibiza is slightly hidden between the coasts of Cap Martinet and Jesús.
Would you like to stay at a villa just like the main characters of Loving Ibiza?
If you are planning a holiday in Ibiza with your family or friends and you want to enjoy a villa like the one on Loving Ibiza, make sure to read our article about villa rentals in Ibiza, where you will find our advice and recommendations about several trustworthy rental agencies. You will find modern villas with a sea view, traditional country houses, remote villas where you can disconnect from the world… They truly are retreats that you can reach in one of our Jeeps, which are the best option to drive all over the island, including rural and hidden paths.
Do you speak Dutch like the main characters in Loving Ibiza? At Moto Luis we speak your language
At Moto Luis we like to communicate well with our clients. For this reason, our website, our blog and our staff are multilingual. If you speak Dutch, we will speak to you in Dutch over the phone and also e-mail you in your language. And if you do not speak Dutch, please note we also speak Italian, French, German and English. And Spanish and Catalan, of course.
Are you organizing your holiday in Ibiza? Check out our Ibiza car rental offers and make sure you book your favourite model today. We will provide your car at Ibiza’s airport.