Ibiza in September has a lot to offer to travellers. Not only is the weather very nice, with mild evenings and sunny days, but there’s also a wide variety of things to do, many events and activities suitable for all ages. To make the most of your holiday, we recommend that you choose a trustworthy car rental in Ibiza without hidden costs and with direct airport pick-up (with no shuttle buses involved), and that you make a note of the following 15 plans we recommend for different things you can do in Ibiza in September.
5 events to add to your agenda
- Colour Festival – Holi Party: if you like the colourfulness of this celebration of Hindu origin, go to s’Arenal beach in San Antonio on 1st September at 7pm and stay for the musical performances which take place after.
- 2. Carthaginian and Roman Fiesta: s’Arenal beach in San Antonio hosts a fun recreation of a battle between Carthaginians and Romans on 7th September at 18:30 as well as a big and crazy tomato lobbing battle.
- Eivissa Jazz: Ibiza town hosts a new adition of the Eivissa Jazz festival from 3rd September and 7th September, it’s an unmissable event for Jazz lovers on the island during these dates. This edition includes Martirio & Chano Domínguez, Stefano Bollani Napoli Trip, Kiko Berenguer Quartet and Claudio JR de Rosa Quartet. Check the full line-up and buy your tickets on the Turisme de Eivissa website.
- Closing parties: without a shadow of a doubt it’s one of the unmissable things to do in Ibiza in September if you’re a lover of electronic music. Amongst other closing parties, this month you can say goodbye to Calvin Harris (6th September, Ushuaïa Ibiza); Armin Van Buuren (11th September, Hï Ibiza), Cocoon (30th September, Amnesia); and Big by David Guetta (30th September, Ushuaïa Ibiza).
- Las Dalias concerts: this month’s concerts line-up in Las Dalias is Los Suruba (1st September) Miguel Campello (5th September), La Vela Puerca (15th September) and Depedro (19th September).
5 things to do in San Antonio and its surroundings
- A sardine barbecue with a view: during this month you will still be able to join the sardine barbecues that take place at the weekends on Cap Blanc Aquarium’s terrace. We recommend you make a reservation.
- The sunset: you can enjoy the sunset from the breakwaters, from any café in Ses Variades, at the promenade; from Sa Punta des Molí and from Hostal La Torre’s terrace in Cap Negret.
- A loooooong swim at Cala Saladeta: the clear waters and sandy sea bottoms of this neighbour beach to Cala Salada make it seem like a true natural pool. If you happen to get hungry, we recommend you try the mussels from its beach bar-restaurant.
- The Nits Amples d’Estiu’s music: this event also takes place in September near San Antonio’s church and it will be hosting performances by San Antonio’s Band (1st September); Konga, an afro-latin band (8th September) and Solpost band (15th August).
- Hike to Punta Galera: If you fancy being active in September, you can follow the hiking trail which joins San Antonio to Cala Salada and goes through Punta Galera, one of Ibiza’s coast’s most unique spots.
5 things to do in Ibiza in September in your rental car
- The church route: whether you are on your way to your favourite market or beach in the North or in the East, you can take the opportunity to follow this Ibizan church and town route.
- Cala Llentia’s dolmens: take a drive to this interesting assembly of sculptures with a sea view and a view of Es Vedrà and have a dip at Cala Codolar afterwards. You will find more information in our article Ibiza’s secret spots which may only be reached by car.
- Ibiza’s most remote nook: Cala de Sant Vicent beach has always been Ibiza’s most isolated and remote spot. You can also take the opportunity to visit Portinatx and take a walk to Moscarter lighthouse; it’s the tallest one in the Balearic Islands.
- The World Heritage Site route: get to know the valuable cultural heritage the island has to offer (which has been formally declared by UNESCO) along Ibiza city and the South coast.
- From market to market: during the month of September all the summer markets are still running so you will be able to visit a different one each day if you like.
Opening photo: © Marcin Dampc by Pexels