The month of August brings many events to Ibiza’s agenda on which the main happenings are national festivities that are celebrated on the island during these weeks. Choose what to do in Ibiza in August amongst concerts, exhibitions, traditional dance shows, fireworks and other activities which are not related to the festivities. Also, August is a wonderful month to get to know beaches in the North of the island, spend a day in Formentera, do water sports, join night hikes and stargaze in San Lorenzo.
If you want to make the most of your holiday and you have not booked your rental car yet, check our rates and available models and make a car or scooter reservation today through Moto Luis, the car rental company in Ibiza you can trust.
On the agenda: What to do in Ibiza in August
“Festes de la Terra”
These celebrations take place until 15th August and they will be running during two local festivities, “María de las Nieves” (5th August) and San Ciriaco (8th August), as well as local festivities in Ses Figueretes. We recommend:
- Fireworks at the old Ibiza port (8th August).
- Carlos Baute’s free concert, he is a famous singer from Venezuela (5th August at 10:30 pm and Reina Sofía Square).
- A procession of carts and traditional dance exhibition at Vara de Rey Square (4th August from 18:30 hours).
- Ressonadors, Ibizan folk group free concert (7th August at 22:00 hours at Reina Sofía Square).
- Fireworks at Passeig de Figueretes (Figueretes promenade) (15th August).
Sant Bartomeu festivities
On 24th August San Antonio will be celebrating their big day. We recommend you don’t miss the traditional dance exhibition, “La Movida” DJ session with the best anthems from the 80s and 90s, a swing festival and the fireworks that alight the bay.
More patronal festivities during the month of August
Depending on the dates of your Ibiza holiday, you might want to make the most of them and stay at Sant Llorenç (10th August), Cala Llonga (15th August) or Sant Agustí (28th August).
The night of the Stars
During the middle of August, the Perseids will be back in the sky, these stars are also known as San Lorenzo’s Tears. This intense meteor shower leaves in its wake a trail of shooting stars that can be seen best the further you go from urban centres. This year, the Perseids will be seen best during the night of 12th to 13th August. A good place to go to watch them is from the s’Penya Esbarrada viewpoint in Santa Agnès.
More things to do and other events during the month of August in Ibiza
- Orishas concert in Las Dalias (8th August).
- Diego El Cigala concert, at Eden nightclub, in San Antonio (11th August).
- Carlos Sadness concert, at hotel Santos in Ibiza (15th August).
- Nits de Tanit Festival hosts Danish singer Eivør concert (16th August), and Iranian singer Zohreh Jooya concert (18th August).
- Live music at Can Jordi every Friday afternoon and Saturdays at lunch time.
- Contemporary Art exhibitions at La Nave Salinas, Art Project Ibiza and Ibiza’s Contemporary Art Museum.
- Film series dedicated to Buster Keaton at Sant Jordi’s church Square (every Saturday during the month of August 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th and 31st).
- Free guided routes in the Santa Eulalia area and surroundings: Night walk to Es Pou des Lleó (15th August) and Cala Llonga to Cala Oliveira walk (21st August).
- XXIII Ibiza International Music Festival 2019, which takes place in Sant Carles from 18th August until 7th September.
Main picture: publicdomainpictures.net