The walled enclosure of Dalt Vila marks not only the beautiful profile of Eivissa. An open book about his story starring Punic, Phoenicians, Romans, Muslims and Catalan is also. The old town of Ibiza boasts citadel, one of the most beautiful in the Mediterranean, declared a World Heritage Site. But also a lively summer atmosphere, interesting museums and charming corners that are uncovered only the lazy less travelers. The best to discover Dalt Vila is wandering without plan or guidance, always towards the top, towards the enclave that gave rise to the city. But if you do not want to miss anything, follow the 10 stops on this route Dalt Vila. Of course, in summer you should begin early in the morning or afternoon to walk. If you choose this second option, you’ll end the tour with a nice dinner at many restaurants located around the Plaza de Vila.
- Pretty Porta de Ses Taules, next to the Old Market, is the first stop on this route through the intramural Ibiza, one that was protected from attacks by pirates with the lifting of the Renaissance walls. One of the iconic images of the city and the island.
- Just inside the door, you get to the Plaza de Vila. If you are in visiting hours, you can enter the Museum of Contemporary Art, with an outstanding collection of avant-garde art.
- Plaza de Sa Carrosa is charming. Here it is one of the classic restaurants in town, El Portalón. A little further is the bastion of Santa Lucia, with fantastic views over the port of Ibiza and the districts of La Marina and Sa Penya.
Ibiza’s port and Santa Llucia bastion views from Cathedral square, in Dalt Vila. © Moto Luis Rent a Car
- The former Dominican convent, now Town Hall, is the back road on the way to the top of Dalt Vila along the streets of Pere Tur and Joan Roman. At the end of this is the convent of Sant Cristobal chapel with a nice open view for travelers. You can also buy pies, cakes, orelletes and other sweets that are made by the nuns.
- On the way back, and already in the carrer Major, the Puget Museum appears. It deserves your visit to see the inside of this Gothic mansion and interesting pictorial collection that preserves and to find out the rural Ibiza of the first half of the twentieth century.
- On the same street, after passing Sa Portella, the only access of the Arab citadel that has survived, pay attention to the various stately homes found therein. And a few steps from the Cathedral and the Archaeological Museum -even closed reforms-, mereca worth entering the Interpretation Center Madina Yabisa, a walk through the old Muslim Eivissa that is still perceived in the urban layout and towers Dalt Vila.
- Since it was declared a World Heritage Site, Dalt Vila museización developed a process that includes numerous information stands, audio guides, guided dramatized and interesting interactive and multimedia experiences located in the bastions of Sant Pere, Sant Jaume and Sant Bernard visits. From the latter fantastic views over the beaches of Figueretes, Bossa and even Es Cavallet, and also Formentera. From this bastion, the route continues to follow the outline of the walls.
- From height to height is reached Plaça del Sol, very pleasant summer evenings thanks to the atmosphere of the restaurants located there.
- Although you will see the Portal Nou, leading out of Dalt Vila, follow up the street from Santa Creu, with art galleries and Van der Voort World-a classic in the ibicenca- scene, before emptying into the Plaça de Vila.
- You will find many restaurants, some with history, such as La Torreta, a local always now in the hands of the new generation of the owning family, who have given a creative touch to its Mediterranean recipes.
The special: For the end of the night, looking at Tira Palla (c / Santa Lucia, 8), a casual bar famous for its rooftop one of the best panoramic views over Dalt Vila. The terrace of the Bar 1805 (c / Raco de Santa Lucia, 7), a few meters from there , also has a good views.
Are you looking for a good rental car for your holiday in Ibiza? If so, know our offers, book with us and get ready to enjoy your trip to Ibiza.
Moto Luis Rent a Car, car hire in Ibiza since 1956.