Getting to know Ibiza’s beaches: Cala Nova
Renting a car in Ibiza and exploring the East coast of the island is a must which you should not skip during your holidays. It has a family atmosphere, its coastline includes both unspoilt and semi-urban beaches, very valued by travellers looking for quiet shores. One of them is Cala Nova, one of the most beautiful beaches in Ibiza due to its clear waters, quiet atmosphere and views overlooking Es Canar islet.
You will like Cala Nova if…
- You are on the lookout for a beach surrounded by nature. Most of its coastline has not been built and is surrounded by pinetrees and juniper tres.
- You enjoy having a view. From Cala Nova you will have a fantastic panoramic sight over Tagomago and Es Canar islets.
- You want to have a walk. The nearby beach of cala Llenya is less than a 20 minute walk away.
- You do not want to hear music. At Cala Nova there are no beach clubs, although there are three restaurants and a small beach bar that has been there for many years: Can Colomaret, an ideal spot to have an Ibizan salad and grilled squid while you dig your feet into the sand.
- You wish to practise nudism in Ibiza. Traditionally, the middle area of this beach is frequented by nudist swimmers.
Avoid Cala Nova if…
There are strong winds blowing from the East, as this beach is very exposed.
You can reach Cala Nova from Sant Carles or from Es Canar. You will find more space to park if you get there from the Es Canar road.
Are you interested in learning about more places on the East coast of Ibiza?
Opening photo: (c) Alberto Paredes / Moto Luis