Our client’s recommendations: Jaxx Cohen’s Ibiza
At Moto Luis we have the immense privilege of having clients who are already part of the Moto Luis family. With them we have started a new section of interviews where they will tell us what they like best about the White Island and what their favourite spots in Ibiza are. Today we learn all about Jaxx Cohen’s Ibiza.
Jaxx Cohen fell in love with Ibiza in 2009 and since then he has returned every year to the island. Trader by day and DJ by night, this energetic 52-year-old Panamanian prefers to visit Ibiza in the months of April and October and always rents a Jeep Wrangler, his favourite car to explore the island during his holidays. Do you want to know what his best recommendations are?
Jaxx Cohen’s Ibiza
– What do you like best about the island?
Its nature and the beautiful people we meet on every trip.
– What is your favourite spot in Ibiza?
This is very difficult to answer, but we really like the north of the island.
– During all these years, you have never stopped going to…
Las Salinas, Santa Gertrudis and Santa Inés (Santa Agnès)
– Ibiza has a reputation for being an open and cosmopolitan island where it is very easy to make new friends. Have you met many friends over the years?
My best friends are in Ibiza and they are already family!
– What is the funniest story you remember from all these summers?
There are many stories to be told after ten years, but more than funny I would say they are nice. I have lovely memories, mostly related to incredible people we have met.
– Have you ever spent a holiday on the island during the winter or spring? If so, what did you like best?
Yes, we went in spring and the flowers were incredible.
– If you had to give a souvenir of Ibiza, what would you choose from the following options: a cheese from Ibiza made with sheep’s milk, a fashionable Adlib garment, something handmade, a flaó, salt from Ibiza or a bottle of Ibizan herbs?
Salt from Ibiza. I eat it every day, so I have Ibiza inside me.
– What is the model of car or motorbike that you like to rent in Ibiza with Moto Luis?
Jeep Wrangler, without a doubt.
Jaxx Cohen’s Ibiza recommendations
– A beach to get away from everything.
Cala d’en Serra.
– A beach to go with the family.
– A restaurant where you can celebrate a meal with friends.
– 5 essential visits that you always recommend to your friends and family.
I would recommend Ses Salines beach and salt flats, Cala Comte beach, Las Dalias hippie market, the view over the islet of Es Vedra and Dalt Vila, the old town in the city of Ibiza.
– A typical dish of Ibiza’s gastronomy.
– A beach bar.
Tony, on the beach at Aigües Blanques.
– A place to have a drink in the evening.
Somewhere in Marina Botafoch, overlooking the seafront of Ibiza city.
– A hike or a walk.
Go on a Sunday to the Casita Verde ecological centre.
– A place to watch the sunset
– And the best place to say goodbye to Ibiza until the next holiday…
Without a doubt, it’s Vedrà
– And to finish, define Ibiza in three words:
Magical, unique and energy-filled.