Where to recharge electric cars in Ibiza (latest update 2023)
To date, there are a total of 88 charging points for electric vehicles in Ibiza, which allows you to explore the island comfortably and in a sustainable way. If you are thinking of renting our new electric cars for your vacation, keep reading this article and discover where you can recharge your car for free or at a low rate.
Ibiza in green: size matters
Ibiza has an ideal size to move in hybrid and electric cars. With the autonomy that our new electric models will have, you will be able to cover the most usual drivings of a holiday day on the island. But if the battery runs out during the route, nothing happens: in Ibiza you will find numerous charging points in the main tourist areas (San Antonio, Santa Eulària and Ibiza town), as well as hotels and beaches, such as Cala Bassa, Playa d’en Bossa, Portinatx, Cala Vedella and Cala Tarida. The short distances in Ibiza not only allow you to easily discover all its most beautiful corners but also do it in a sustainable way.
Map of charging points for electric and hybrid cars in Ibiza
In recent years over 80 electric charging points have been installed gradually in Ibiza. Some of them are in private places, such as hotels, although most are located in public spaces. In 2023, there are a total of 25 recharging points, each with a minimum of 2 recharging totems. To check the location of the MELIB public network chargers, download the MELIB app (Apple and Android): there you will find information on the type of plugs accepted at each totem and their status (free, busy, semi-occupied, in maintenance…)
Other sources of information to find out where you can charge your electric car in Ibiza are: the electromaps.com website and app and this Google map, where you will also find the service stations with electric charging points.
Hotels and agritourism in Ibiza with electric charging points
These are the accommodations on the island where you’ll want to book if you want to rent an electric vehicle to enjoy a sustainable holiday in Ibiza. This list will be updated as soon as we know that a new hotel or rural hotel has added an electric point to its facilities.
- Amare Beach Hotel Ibiza
- Hacienda Na Xamena Ibiza
- Agroturismo Ca n’Escandell
- Hotel Anfora Ibiza
- Ushuaïa Ibiza Beach Hotel
- Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza
- OKU Ibiza
- Hotel Melia Me Ibiza
- Agroturismo Atzaró
- Six Senses Ibiza
- Can Salia
- Cas Gasi
- Safragell Ibiza Suites & Spa
- INNSIDE by Meliá Ibiza Beach
- Fergus Style Bahamas
- Sol Beach House Ibiza
- Las Mimosas Ibiza
Ibiza’s beaches and coves where you can charge your electric car
There aren’t too many beaches with charging points yet, but you needn’t worry because the size of the island and the battery capacity of our electric cars ensure you can explore the island without having to worry about charging your car our electric cars ensure that you can explore the island without having to keep thinking about where to recharge your vehicle.
- Cala Tarida
- Port des Torrent
- Cala Bassa
- Cala Vedella
- Playa d’en Bossa
- Playa de Santa Eulària
- Port Sant Miquel
Restaurants in Ibiza where you can recharge your electric vehicle
Some restaurants where you can recharge your car while you eat are the following:
- World Family Ibiza Restaurant (formerly Can Curuné)
- Can Tothom, Port de Sant Miquel
- McDonald’s Avda. Sant Jordi (Ibiza)
- Can Caus
Do your shopping and recharge your car in Ibiza: supermarkets with electric charger
- Hipercentro Carretera San Antonio – Ibiza
- Mercadona Puig d’en Valls
- Mercadona Santa Eulària des Riu
- Mercadona Sant Antoni
- Mercadona Ibiza
- ALDI Ibiza
- Lidl Ibiza
- Lidl Can Bufí
- Lidl Santa Eulària
Locations in public spaces according to zones
In addition, both on the Google map and in the applications mentioned above, you will find a large number of parking spaces in streets, car parks and sports centres in the towns and tourist centres of the island: Ibiza town, Sant Antoni and bay, Sant Llorenç de Balàfia, Sant Joan de Labritja, Sant Miquel, Sant Antoni, Sant Rafel, Sant Josep, Santa Eulària, Puig d’en Valls…
How to recharge an electric car in Ibiza with Moto Luis
If, for example, you are staying in San Antonio or you are having dinner at one of its restaurants, you will see that there are charging points in front of the town hall; in the car park of the Can Coix sports complex; in the promenade, behind the SATE office, in front of the bus station… To charge your electric car at these and other points in the MELIB network we will give you a card that you will have to use to start charging together with the use of the application. It’s very easy!
Recharge your electric car step by step
- Open the MELIB application.
- Select on the map the recharging totem where you are.
- Choose the charging socket you are going to use.
- Plug the vehicle into the charging point. Charging will start after a few seconds.
- To complete the process, select the charging point and the socket used to charge the car in the MELIB app.
- Unplug the vehicle from the totem. If you encounter resistance to remove the connection, wait a few seconds and repeat step 5.
Rent an electric car in Ibiza
If you want to explore the island in a sustainable way, book our electric models at Moto Luis for your next holiday in Ibiza:
- Renaul Zoe 100 % Electric: a perfect electric vehicle to move around Ibiza without emissions. You will fall in love with it!
- Peugeot 208 100% Electric: another of our ideal models for families and travellers committed to the environment.
- Hyundai Kona 100% Electric: a comfortable model that won’t let you down and will help you take care of the island.
- Tesla, Model 3 – 100% Electric: our luxury electric vehicle is perfect for travellers staying in luxury villas and hotels in easily accessible locations.
Now that you know where to recharge electric cars in Ibiza and you have your batteries charged 😉 you can check the Ibiza Map to start touring the island. Our route guidance will do the rest.